Get Rewarded for Giving Back
Students Serve Offers $2,000 Grant
November 8, 2010
by Suada Kolovic
Do you think a college degree should provide students with real-life experiences, not just textbook theories? Should college students have the chance to use their knowledge and skills to improve communities across America? Well, Students Serve couldn't agree with you more! Students Serve provides service-learning grants up to $2,000 to innovative college students across the country. The grants enrich the academic experience of the students who are implementing the service-learning projects, inspire confidence in students, and create meaningful changes in communities.
- undergraduate attending a college or university in the US
- self-designed service-learning project to be completed individually (service-learning is defined as applying academic knowledge from a class taken in school to solve a legitimate problem in your community)
- targeted community is within the US
- 2 letters of recommendation from professors or community leaders who may advise you on your project
- November 30th (Spring Project)
- March 15th (Summer Project)
For more information on community service scholarships, as well as scholarships for your other attributes and interests, conduct a free college scholarship search.