Arizona Elk Society Walt Nicoson Memorial Annual Youth Scholarships
The Arizona Elk Society - Walt Nicoson Memorial Annual Youth Scholarships will be offering the following awards this year:
- Two (2) scholarships of $750 and $1,000 for graduating high school seniors continuing on to college who exhibit a commitment to wildlife and the outdoors and who participate in school-related responsibilities and activities
- One (1) scholarship of $1,000 for students currently enrolled in and attending college who exhibit a commitment to wildlife and the outdoors
Applicants for each of the two high school student scholarships must be Arizona residents and graduating high school seniors with plans to attend an accredited college. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale. A copy of the student’s high school transcript is required.
Applicants for the college student scholarship must be pursuing a degree in and/or closely related to wildlife science from an accredited college or university. A copy of the student’s high school and/or college transcript is required.
Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Support and actively participate in the preservation of hunting (a copy of the student’s current hunting license is required)
- Be a current member of the Arizona Elk Society
- Be involved in school or community activities supporting conservationand/or leadership positions within the community (FFA, scouting, 4-H, student council and more)
- Submit an essay describing why wildlife conservation is important to them; in addition, the autobiography must provide evidence that the student is committed to wildlife conservation
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation (they may not be from family members)
Applications must be postmarked by January 22nd. For more information and requirements, please visit our website.