Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship
Established in 1999 by Ron Fowler, founding Chairman of the San Diego International Sports Foundation,
the Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship Fund offers a one-year, $5,000 scholarship to five high school seniors in San Diego County. The nominee must have demonstrated an ability to overcome personal obstacles associated with drugs or alcohol, a strong commitment to athletics and a desire to continue personal growth and development through higher education. There is no minimum GPA requirement, but academic growth will be considered.
The following is a description of the scholarship, nomination criteria and submission process.
- One-year scholarship for $5,000 for the upcoming school year
- Eligible expenses include college tuition, books and on-campus housing
- High school senior who will enroll in either a two- or four-year college
- Has overcome personal obstacles and troubles in life associated with drugs or alcohol
- Demonstrated athletic achievement and participation in organized sports
- Demonstrated leadership ability and demonstrated personal responsibility
- Demonstrated academic growth
- Demonstrated financial need
- Has a strong commitment to setting and reaching life goals
- All submissions must include: the completed nomination form, a copy of the student’s high school transcripts and a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach or counselor. The letter of recommendation should attest to why the nominee’s behavior, attitude, desire and character warrant this scholarship.
- All nominations should be submitted by a coach, teacher, counselor or principal
- Please submit application packets to:
San Diego Hall of Champions
Attn: Sarah Petitpierre-Branco
2131 Pan American Plaza
San Diego, CA 92101
- Submission Deadline: February 3rd
Please note that all documents must be postmarked on or before that date.
The selection of the qualified recipients will be made in March and the winners will be notified in early April. Recipients will be required to attend a local presentation ceremony. For further information, please visit our website.