Kelly Rooney Memorial Scholarship
The Kelly Rooney Foundation (KRF) and Save 2nd Base™, LLC. seek to provide a one-time scholarship of $10,000 to a high school senior athlete who lost his or her mother to cancer and who will be attending an accredited four-year college or university.
To be eligible for the Kelly Rooney Memorial Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a graduating, high school senior athlete
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year college or university within the United States
- Have a mother who passed away from any form of cancer
- Show leadership potential
- Be a United States citizen
- Not possess a degree from a two or four-year college when applying for the scholarship.
The required components of a Kelly Rooney Memorial Scholarship application are:
- A completed and submitted online application form which includes personal essay, extracurricular activities, academic honors, etc.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from athletic coach, guidance counselor or other teacher
- Official high school transcript
- Copy of deceased mother’s death certificate
All applications due April 26th.