Meg Graham Scholarship…Celebrating Service and Leadership
The scholarship is open to any D.C. high school senior, at a public or charter school, matriculating to an accredited, four-year, post-secondary institution in upcoming academic year. S/he must demonstrate a commitment to volunteerism and have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
The scholarship award will be paid in four annual equal installments based on the scholarship recipient meeting a minimum GPA of 2.75 or higher as a full-time student at his/her chosen post-secondary institution and continuing to perform sufficient volunteer work, with the first installment paid directly to the recipient’s chosen institution in the summer.
A complete application packet includes all of the following documents:
- Sponsor’s application form
- Official transcript
- Acceptance letter from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Two letters of recommendation (one must be from a faculty member at student’s high school)
- Detailed list of volunteer service activities (grades 9-12)
- Signed verification by school faculty member or volunteer coordinator of hours served on each activity
- List of extracurricular activities and jobs (grades 9-12)
- 250-word essay on “My Most Meaningful Volunteer Experience”
- 250-word “Personal Goal Statement”
Completed applications are due March 15. Finalists will be notified in mid-April via telephone. Finalists will be required to attend a 30-minute in-person interview at JLW Headquarters in Washington, D.C. in April.