OCA-UPS Gold Mountain Scholarship
Established in 1951 and based in Atlanta, Ga., the UPS Foundation identifies specific areas where its backing clearly impacts social issues. In support of this strategic approach, the UPS Foundation has identified the following focus areas for giving: non profit effectiveness, economic & global literacy, encouraging diversity, community safely and environmental sustainability.
Since 1999, OCA has partnered with the UPS Foundation to fund the OCA-UPS Gold Mountain Scholarship. The title of this scholarship program describes how many Asian Immigrants looked upon America as a mountain of golden opportunities for themselves and their families. Awardees of the scholarship seek dreams of higher education, which are not only the dreams of the students but also of their parents and extended family.
Since its intiation, the OCA-UPS Gold Mountain Scholarship has provided 134 scholarships to Asian Pacific American (APA) students who are the first in their family to attend an institution of higher education.
- Identify as Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a current Asian and/or Pacific Islander American high school senior enrolling in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2011
- Must apply for federal aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 4th
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Submit one letter of recommendation
Please check out the OCA National Website to download application. Please mail applications to OCA Scholarships at 1322 18th Street NW, Washington, DC 20036.