Omega Phi Beta - Reach for the Gold Scholarships
The Reach for the Gold Book Scholarship recognizes academic and benevolent achievement among young women of color, and supports continued success through the first year of college. The Alumnae Association of Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated awards one scholarship recipient annually.
Applications are reviewed based on content, clarity, and creativity. Only applications submitted as one single packet including all supporting documents, and submitted between March 1st and May 1st, will be considered. The award recipient will be announced no later than August 1st.
The total award amount is $1,000 and will be disbursed in one installment once proof of enrollment at an accredited college/university is submitted to Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated. The disbursement is to be used towards the purchase of academic text books only.
Applicants to the Reach for the Gold Book Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States of America
- Must be a female student of color (Woman of color identifies with any of the following ethnic backgrounds: Hispanic/Latina, Native American/Alaskan Native, Asian or Pacific Islander, or Black/African American)
- Must be a senior in high school or secondary school, graduating in May/June
- Must be entering an accredited four-year college or university program as a first year student by the fall semester
- Must have a minimum high school/secondary school academic average of 85 (3.4 on a 4.0 GPA scale)
- Must have a minimum combined (math, writing, and critical reading) SAT score of 1800 or a minimum ACT composite score of 24