Swiss Benevolent Society of San Francisco Scholarships
The Swiss Benevolent Society helps qualified applicants obtain a higher education in any field of endeavor at any accredited university or college in the United States. The scholarships are limited to students who are residents of Northern California. Students may apply every year while enrolled.
There are five (5) different scholarship funds available:
- The SBS General Fund Scholarship, the Willy Isler Scholarship and the Silvia Wieland Iselin Scholarship are based on need and merit. These scholarships are awarded to students entering college through postgraduate studies who have a minimum GPA of 3.2 for the last two years in high school, 3.0 for first year in college and 3.2 thereafter.
- The Clement & Frieda Amstutz Scholarship and the Silvio Canonica Scholarship are based on merit alone. These scholarships are awarded to students at the junior & senior college, graduate and postgraduate university level who have a minimum GPA of 3.5 for the last two years.
All applicants must:
- be of Swiss descent by demonstrating that applicant or at least one parent is a Swiss national, registered with the Swiss Consulate General of San Francisco (or carry a valid Swiss passport)
- have resided in Northern California in the district of the San Francisco Swiss Consulate for a minimum of three years preceding the date of initial application
- have applied for admission to any accredited institution of higher learning in the United States offering a baccalaureate or graduate degree; in exceptional cases, students attending a community college or an accredited vocational school in California may be considered
- be a full time student (12 undergraduate or 9 graduate units per term)
For more information about this award, please visit our website.