Vinson & Elkins Scholarship Foundation
Diversity and inclusion are two of the core values which guide all that we do at Vinson & Elkins. Since our success ultimately depends on developing exceptional legal talent, Vinson & Elkins is committed to attracting and retaining the finest lawyers from all backgrounds and perspectives. To that end, Vinson & Elkins is pleased to continue offering its V&E Scholarship. The fellowship provides $10,000, in four $2,500 installments, paid at the beginning of each year of college for four years, to high school seniors from historically underrepresented groups in the legal profession. The fellowship also provides reimbursement for the LSAT and offers the V&E Scholars the opportunity to be considered for V&E summer internships in the Austin, Dallas, or Houston office during the summers of their undergraduate studies.
To be eligible to become a Vinson & Elkins Scholar, students must attend and be in good standing at a high school accredited by the Texas Education Agency. The high school must also be located in the greater Austin, Dallas or Houston area. Only high school seniors may apply. Eligible student must:
- be a member of a racial/ethnic group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession (i.e. Asian, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, multiracial and Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander)
- have a strong high school record
- demonstrate interest in working in a law firm setting
- have a financial need
- be in the top 20% of their class
- have a minimum of 1650 SAT combined score or equivalent ACT score
- have a valid Social Security Number
- have a U.S. citizenship or residency in Houston, Dallas or Austin and surrounding areas for contiguous six years
Applications will be accepted through March 26th. A selection panel will evaluate all completed applications and announce the fellowship recipients in May. For more information, please visit our website.