Adult Students in Scholastic Transition (EWI of Columbus)
The Adult Student in Scholastic Transition (ASIST) scholarship is a non-discriminatory, educational scholarship program for the benefit of non-traditional students. These include persons who are past high school age and who are entering a college, university, or trade school for the first time, non-traditional students already enrolled in a college/university or trade program, or are re-training due to changes in the workplace.
The ASIST Scholarship Programs helps provide financial support to adult students in a variety of transitional situations. The goal of the ASIST Program is to enable recipients to improve their self-esteem and to have a positive impact on the recipient's personal life, employment, family, and community.
Selection criteria includes, but is not limited to, the following:
-Socially, physically and economically challenged adults
-Responsible for small children
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Clearly define career goals and objectives
- Specify the educational requirements to attain the above goals and objectives
- Utilize re-entry program available through colleges/universities, community agencies and service groups or career professionals
- Adult aged (18 years of aged or older)
- Applicant must reside in either Franklin, Fairfield, Licking, Union, Pickaway, Madison, or Delaware County.