Against The Grain Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarship
To provide financial assistance and promotion of Asian American college seniors and graduate students who have exhibited exemplary leadership, vision and passion that is blazing a trail for others to follow and changing lives in the Asian American community.
Minimum of $1,500 to be applied toward school tuition and fees
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a college senior enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. four-year college/university or a graduate student enrolled at an accredited U.S. graduate program
- Be of at least 50% Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity
- Be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the U.S.
- Demonstrate visionary leadership abilities through innovative means
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted)
All scholarship candidates will submit a video presentation showcasing their work and qualifications:
- Videos will be judged on content, creativity and execution
- Videos are to be submitted on flash drive in the formats .wmv or .mov.
- ATG will post videos of the Winner and Finalists on our homepage. Please see the release form below.
Selection is based on a rating system judged in five major categories. The candidate with the highest combined cumulative points will receive the scholarship. These categories are:
- Video Presentation
- Quality of content submission (essay)
- Academic performance
- Leadership/community service experience and contribution
- Phone/in-person committee interview
We reserve the right to invite Scholarship Winners to be presented at our annual charity event, Fashion for a Passion, on Saturday, October 12th in Dallas, Texas. The presence of scholarship winners is highly encouraged.
Funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institution in the student’s name.