AISI/AIST FoundationPremier Scholarship
The American Iron and Steel Institute and the Association for Iron and Steel Technology Foundation have joined together to create the AISI/AISTPremier Scholarship to increase the number of students studying engineering in North America, and to encourage such students to pursue careers in the iron and steel industry upon graduation.
One (1) scholarship of $10,000 will be awarded to an engineering student expecting to graduate during the next calendar year. The scholarship will include a paid internship at a North American steel company during the summer0 and a second scholarship of $10,000 in the student’s last year, based on satisfactory academic and internship performance.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate engineering program at an accredited North American university in the current school year
- Applicant must have an expected graduation date during the next calendar year
- Applicant should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicant should have a demonstrated interest in the iron and steel industry
- Applicant must be eligible for employment at a steel company in the country he/she is in school during the upcoming summer; satisfying the employment criteria in the appropriate country is the responsibility of the applicant and applicants unable to accept the summer internship will not be considered
- Applicant must commit to a paid summer internship at a North American steel company to be eligible for this scholarship
- Applicant must receive a “satisfactory” internship performance review from the steel company, and maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA, to be eligible for year two of this scholarship
For more information, please visit our website.