AWS William B. Howell Memorial Scholarship
The William B. Howell Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student pursuing a minimum four-year degree in a welding program at an accredited university. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma.
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 overall grade point average.
- Student must be enrolled full-time.
- Proof of financial need is required to qualify.
- Applicant must submit all required application information.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and plan to attend an academic institution located within the United States.
- Priority will be given to those individuals residing or attending schools in the states of Florida, Michigan and Ohio. (A resident is defined as having lived in the specific area for a minimum of one year.)
- Applicants may reapply; however, persons who have received this award may reapply and may be granted the award for a maximum of four years.
The award will be presented to individuals nationwide. Applicant does not have to be a member of the American Welding Society.