Construction Management Association of America Scholarship Program - National Capital Chapter
The Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) National Capital Chapter (NCC), a 501(c)3 charitable organization awards a limited number of scholarships to qualified students to help them defray the costs of pursuing a degree in Construction Management or a related-degree program. The amounts of the scholarships vary from year to year. The local National Capital Chapter awards scholarships in up to $2,000 increments. Previous recipients may only be awarded one undergraduate and one graduate scholarship.
The CMAA Foundation (nationwide) awards scholarships separately based on the winners of the local chapter program. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed a minimum of one full academic year of studies, and must have a minimum of one full academic year remaining prior to completing the degree being pursued
- Must be enrolled in a Construction Management degree program or other CM-related degree program and show a strong interest in a career in CM, as demonstrated by a response to the essay question in the application package
The CMAA National Capital Chapter scholarship selection committee will consider the following in selecting winners of the chapter scholarships:
- Academic performance: 40%
- Quality of essay on future plans and scholarship interest: 20%
- Recommendation of faculty adviser: 15%
- Extracurricular activities: 25%
To apply for this award, simply complete the scholarship application, making sure to refer to the application directions, and return it to the National Capital Chapter by February 22nd. The CMAA NCC will announce scholarship recipients at the CMAA National Capital Chapter awards banquet in March. If you have any questions, please contact Christopher J. Payne, PE, CCM via phone (703-641-9088) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information, please visit our website.