Delta Airlines Engineering Scholarship
Delta Air Lines will award a $5,000 scholarship to a student currently enrolled in a baccalaureate degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering. In addition to the $5,000 scholarship, the recipient will receive a trip to the Annual International Women in Aviation Conference (includes round trip airfare, hotel accommodations and conference fee). Applicants must be full-time students at the junior or senior level with a minimum of two semesters, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
In addition to all WAI requirements you must also include a detailed essay (500 to 1,000 words), double spaced, type written which addresses the following topics:
- Who or what inspired you to pursue a career in aerospace/aeronautical, electrical or mechanical engineering?
- What is or has been your greatest life challenge, and how has it enriched your and/or someone else’s life?
- If someone else was to describe your greatest strength, what would it be and why, and what do you consider to be your strongest characteristic and why?
- What has been your most memorable academic experience and how did you handle this situation?
- Why are you the most qualified candidate for the Delta Air Lines Engineering Scholarship?
Each applicant must be a WAI member and may apply for no more than two scholarships. Internships are not included in the two per member scholarship limit. These requirements are in addition to all stated specifications in individual listings.
All applications must include five (5) stapled sets (NO FOLDERS) of the following information:
- application form
- three one-page recommendation letters
- typed, descriptive 500-word essay
- copies of all aviation and medical certificates and the last three pages of your pilot logbook, if applicable
For more information and to download the application form, please visit our website.