Denise Howell Bristor Scholarship
The Central Jersey Alumnae Foundation is proud to accept applications for Denise Howell Brister Scholarship. The Denise Howell Brister Scholarship Award was established in 2005 by the Brister family through the CJA Foundation to honor Denise Howell Brister’s memory and to recognize young, gifted African American women and men who are pursuing degrees in either the arts or education. The recipient will receive an award of $500.
All applicants must meet the following qualifications to be eligible:
- African American who has completed the first semester as a two- or four-year college student, or is enrolled in a graduate program
- Interest in pursuing a college degree in education and/or the arts
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Completed scholarship application including a personal statement and 500-word essay
- Copy of college transcript
- New Jersey resident attending school in or out of state
- Proof of matriculation at a college or university
The selection process will be based on several factors, including academic strength, personal statement, essay, extracurricular activities and community service. For more information, please visit our website.