Disabled Veterans National Foundation Scholarship Program
Disabled Veterans National Foundation will offer 50 yearly $1,000 scholarships to disabled veterans to help them continue their education outside of the military. Award funds will be paid directly to the school to enable the veteran to attend an accredited college, university or trade school.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must have veteran status: (a) A person who served in the active military, or military auxiliaries, and (b) was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable
- Must be attending or planning to attend an accredited U.S. college or university at the time the scholarship is awarded
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America
Applicants must submit the following by the dates outlined below:
- DVNF Scholarship Application Form
- Veteran's DD-214 showing character of discharge, certified by the State (can be done at any courthouse or VA office for free)
- An essay of 500 to 750 words -OR- a three- to four-minute video on the topic outlined on the application form
- One (1) letter of recommendation; letters from relatives will not be accepted
Applications must be submitted by March 1st. For more information, please visit our website.