NEWH Sunshine Chapter Scholarship
The NEWH By-laws state one of the objectives of NEWH is to promote scholarship, education and interest in the Hospitality Industry and related fields. To that end, each chapter is tasked with fundraising to provide scholarship dollars for eligible students wishing to enter the hospitality industry.
NEWH chapters award scholarships annually based upon the following criteria:
- Must have completed half the requirements for a degree or certification program in which enrolled
- Must have real financial need
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Must have a career objective in the Hospitality Industry (i.e., Hotel/Restaurant Management, Culinary, Food Service, Architecture, Design, etc.)
Each chapter compiles a list of eligible schools to which they will offer scholarship assistance. Usually these schools are in the geographical area of the chapter. An eligible school is defined as accredited and one that will hold the scholarship moneys in trust for the student to draw down upon on an “as needed” basis.
Applications for scholarships will be sent to the school and returned to each chapter’s scholarship committee for review and selection.
Each chapter will award scholarships based on the financial ability of the chapter to fund such scholarship awards. Eligible schools include community colleges, or their equivalents, and the baccalaureate college and are for students majoring in the hospitality, foodservice or related fields.
- You must be attending an accredited institution of higher learning
- You must have completed one half of the requirements for a degree or certification in the program which you are currently enrolled
- You must show financial need
- You must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- You must have a career objective in one of the areas of the hospitality industry (i.e., hotel/restaurant management, culinary/foodservice, architecture, interior design, etc.)