NEWH Toronto Chapter Scholarship
To qualify for the NEWH Toronto Chapter Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be attending an accredited institution of higher learning
- Must have completed one half of the requirements for a degree or certification in the program which you are currently enrolled
- Must show financial need
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must have a career objective in one of the areas of the hospitality industry (i.e., hotel/restaurant management, culinary/foodservice, architecture, interior design, etc.)
All applicants must also submit the following:
- Student essay, to include background of applicant and his/herexperience; goals and objectives after graduation; describe what prompted applicant to choose his/her career; explain whether or not applicant has made a contribution to his/her school program or fellow students through leadership or participation; explain why obtaining this scholarship important; and explain what plans applicant has for financing if application is not accepted
- Official transcript
- Letters of recommendation from professor, advisor and/or department head
- Letters from industry professionals, employers, etc.
For more information, please visit our website.