NTA Travel Leaders Scholarship
To be eligible for the NTA Travel Leaders Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen or permanent resident of any country
- Full-time or part-time graduate student enrolled in a travel-and-tourism- or hospitality-related program of study, who can demonstrate a clear focus on and commitment to the tourism-subject area
- Enrolled at a college or university in the United States or Canada
- Cumulative 3.0 grade point average (GPA), or greater, on a U.S. 4.0 scale
- Enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university, and entering any year of graduate study in the fall of the calendar year of application.
- Passport, or Alien Registration Card as proof of permanent residency
- Evaluation and letter of recommendation from a faculty member or teacher in your field of study
- Evaluation and letter of recommendation from an industry professional you worked for; the industry must be related to your field of study
- Essay: You have chosen to pursue a career path in the travel and tourism or hospitality industry. What changes have you observed thus far in the industry, and what changes do you anticipate in the future of the industry? Where do you see your future potential in the industry? Mention any awards or commendations you have received relating to the travel and tourism or hospitality industry.
- Official transcript
Please visit the Tourism Cares Scholarships website for more information and to submit the online application by 5 p.m. EST on April 1st.