Richard Weinreis Memorial Scholarship
The Richard Weinreis Memorial Scholarship provides funding to Marathon County (Wisconsin) students who have had formal court contact through the Marathon County Department of Social Services juvenile intake system within the past seven years and are able to demonstrate evidence of a plan for education or training that would provide for personal career advancements.
Criteria for Selection:
To be considered for the Richard Weinreis Memorial Scholarship the applicant must:
- Be a Marathon County resident;
- Have had formal court contact through the Marathon County Department of Social Services juvenile intake system within the past seven (7) years;
- Provide evidence of a plan for education or training that would provide for personal career advancement;
- Support and endorsement by references and an attitude of change that is articulated through an essay. Evidence of other circumstances such as family, financial, or personal challenges which make an applicant more worthy of consideration may also be provided.
To be considered for this scholarship award, the applicant must provide the following items to the Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin by the close of business on the last business day in March:
- A completed scholarship application form, available at the Community Foundation office or Marathon County Social Services office;
- Two letters of reference. At least one should be from a teacher, counselor, or social worker. Letters from a family member will not be accepted;
- Proof of formal court contact (verification may be obtained through the Marathon County Department of Social Services.)