The ASHADO Scholarship
The Race For Education (RFE) was established in 2002 to provide educational programs and college scholarships to young people in the equine and agriculture industry with significant financial need.
The ASHADO scholarship provides up to $6,000 per year for college tuition and is chosen from the female Thoroughbred applicants, representing the best female applicant.
Scholarship recipient is chosen from the female Thoroughbred Scholarship applicants, and represents the best of all female applicants.
The eligibility requirements for the Ashado Scholarship are the same as the Thoroughbred Scholarship. Please apply online as a Thoroughbred applicant.
Available to undergraduate female students from any background wishing to pursue a career in pre-veterinary medicine (equine practice only), equine science, racetrack management, equine business management or pasture management as it pertains to horse farms, and other related fields. (Riding certification programs are not eligible.)
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must
- Be 24 years old or younger as of September 1st of the application year
- Have at least a 2.85 cumulative GPA
- Have an annual household income of less than $50,000 OR be financially independent from parents.
Supporting materials that must be scanned and uploaded as PDF files include:
- Two letters of recommendation (must be signed but not in sealed envelope)
- Current official transcript (seal can be broken)
- Student Aid Report (from FAFSA)
- If you have NOT received your Student Aid Report, you must submit either your parent/guardian's previous year’s tax return and current year’s W2 form OR the current year’s tax return. (Additional years may be requested.)
- Financial aid award letter(s) (including other scholarship awards).
Applicants apply online ONLY.