The Cal Aggie Alumni Association Scholarships
The Cal Aggie Alumni Association has been giving out scholarships to UC Davis students since 1934. Alumni from each of 28 regions review the scholarship essays, interview candidates and select the finalists. Each year, CAAA awards over $60,000 to students in each of these regions.
Currently scholarship awards are between $1,000 and $4,000 and are not renewable. Students selected as the top choice candidate from their region may be eligible for the $10,000 Blue and Gold Leadership Scholarship (given over two years).
Before submitting an application, please review the following criteria to ensure that you are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (UC GPA) for incoming freshmen
- Minimum GPA of 3.25 (transferable coursework) for transfer students
- Applicant plans to enter UC Davis for the upcoming fall semester from a high school or community college in California, Oregon or Washington (transfers from another UC or CSU are not eligible)
- Applicant demonstrates leadership in extracurricular activities, community activities, employment or personal situations (thoroughly complete Section V of the UC application)
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen/permanent resident
- If selected for an interview, applicant must be available on date set by local alumni committee
- Applicant must have been admitted and returned their Student Intent to Register (SIR) by interview date
To apply for the Cal Aggie Alumni Scholarship, applicants must complete the following steps:
- Fill out the personal information in the online application
- Write a one-page essay addressing the following topic: Share one experience in which your leadership made a difference, what you learned about yourself from it and how it might impact your future
- Save the essay as a word processing document; do not type your essay directly into the space provided
- Copy your essay from your word processing document and paste it into the field provided in the online application
- Submit the application you have just completed
- Please note, no letters of reference are needed
The deadline for submission for the upcoming academic year is midnight on March 23rd. For more information, please visit our website.