The Horsemen's Scholarship
The Race For Education (RFE) was established in 2002 to provide educational programs and college scholarships to young people in the equine and agriculture industry with significant financial need.
Students can pursue any field of study. Scholarships are for tuition only, up to $6,000 per year for up to four years for an undergraduate student. Multiple scholarships will be awarded.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be 24 years old or younger as of September 1 of the application year
- Have at least a 2.85 cumulative GPA
- Have an annual household income of less than $50,000 OR be financially independent from parents
Supporting materials that must be scanned and uploaded as PDF files include:
- Essay (see our website for topics)
- Two letters of recommendation (must be signed but not in sealed envelope)
- Current official transcript (seal can be broken)
- Student Aid Report (from FAFSA)
- If you have NOT received your Student Aid Report, you must submit either your parent/guardian's previous year’s tax return and current year’s W2 form OR the current year’s tax return (additional years may be requested)
- Financial aid award letter(s) (including other scholarship awards)