To be eligible for the CAB/NJAA Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for the Angus Foundation Scholarship must have at one time been a National Junior Angus Association member and must currently be a junior, regular or life member of the American Angus Association.
- The applicant must be an enrolling sophomore, junior or senior in a college/university for the fall term in which the scholarship is to be awarded.
- The applicant cannot have reached their 25th birthday prior to January 1st of the year of application.
- The primary course work/declared major of applicants must be in animal science, meat science, food science, agricultural communications or a related field of academic study.
- The applicant must show proof of enrollment in an institution of higher education before the scholarship award check can be issued. This must be done by September 30th.
- NJAA/CAB scholarship award winners may be eligible to reapply during subsequent award years.