Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council Youth Scholarship
The Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council has a scholarship program to assist graduating high school seniors who plan to continue education in college or vocational school programs.
This scholarship program is administered by a Scholarship Selection Committee made up of directors from the Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council and the Minnesota Soybean Growers Association. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, disability, or national origin. Four (4) awards of $1,000 each will be granted. Awards are not renewable. Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Applicants to the Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council Youth Scholarship must be:
- A resident of Minnesota
- From a family who is active in agriculture
- Graduating from high school this spring
- Must be active in both agriculture and community
- Must be pursuing an education in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural animal nutrition, large animal vet or food science related program (If you are unsure whether your degree qualifies, contact the Minnesota Soybean Research & Promotion Council at 888-896-9678)
Interested students must complete the application online and mail a copy along with a:
- Current, complete official transcript of grades
- Letter of recommendation from a community member (non-relative)
- Resume detailing relevant experience, education and activities
- Short 500-word or less essay that will indicate how your education will benefit the future of soybeans
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information; applications are evaluated on the information supplied and therefore must be as complete as possible; all information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by the Scholarship Selection Committee. Applications must be postmarked by March 1st. For more information, please visit our website.