The Fleet Indian Scholarship
The Race For Education (RFE) was established in 2002 to provide educational programs and college scholarships to young people in the equine and agriculture industry with significant financial need.
The Fleet Indian Scholarship provides up to $6,000 for tuition per year for four years for a New York resident pusuing a career in the equine industry. Maximum household income to be eligible is $75,000.
Established by Mr. Paul Saylor, in honor of Eclipse Award winner FLEET INDIAN, this scholarship is available to undergraduate New York residents attending a college or university in the state of New York wishing to pursue a career in the Thoroughbred industry. This includes, but is not limited to, Equine Science, Equine Business Management, farrier school and equine-related agriculture programs.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be 24 years old or younger as of September 1 of the application year
- Have at least a 2.85 cumulative GPA
- Have an annual household income of less than $75,000 OR be financially independent from parents
Supporting materials that must be scanned and uploaded as PDF files include:
- Essay (see website for topics)
- Two letters of recommendation (must be signed but not in sealed envelope)
- Current official transcript (seal can be broken)
- Student Aid Report (from FAFSA)
- If you have NOT received your Student Aid Report, you must submit either your parent/guardian's previous year’s tax return and current year’s W2 form OR the current year’s tax return. (Additional years may be requested.)
- Financial aid award letter(s) (including other scholarship awards)
Applicants apply online ONLY.