Screen Actors Guild John L. Dales Scholarship Fund - Transitional Scholarships
Applicants for Transitional Scholarships will be selected in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Applicant applying for the Transitional scholarship must have 10 years of vested pension credits OR a lifetime earnings of $150,000 under Screen Actors Guild jurisdiction.
- Applicant shall submit a transcript of all high school, college and university courses and evaluation, SAT scores, and any other relevant information regarding prior academic history and achievement, including extracurricular activities. (Note: If applicant is a junior and has received prior Dales scholarships, they need not submit their high school transcripts and SAT scores.)
- Applicant shall submit a copy of their Federal Income Tax Returns for applicant and spouse, if applicable, including Schedules A, B & D.
- Applicant shall submit as essay of 350 to 750 words on a topic of their choice. A new essay is required each time the applicant applies.
- Applicant shall submit two personal letters of recommendation from persons in the new field who can speak to the applicant’s aptitude in the area and ability to fulfill the outlined educational requirements. New letters of recommendation are required each time they applicant applies.
- Applications for universities, college, Specialty Adult Schools, and trade/vocational schools will be considered, but any such institutions must be fully accredited and licensed.
- John L. Dales Scholarship Committee members, their families, their relatives, employees of the SAG Foundation are not eligible for such scholarships.