ASNT Engineering Undergraduate Awards
The ASNT Engineering Undergraduate Award is a $3,000 award given in recognition of engineering undergraduate students enrolled in an ABET accredited program and choosing nondestructive testing and evaluation as their field of specialization. The student must prepare a written essay describing how he/she envisions the role of NDE/NDT in his/her career. This award is administered by the ASNT Research Council, University Programs Committee; a maximum of three awards are presented each year.
Nominations must be submitted by the university and received at ASNT Headquarters no later than December 15th (the ASNT office is closed Saturdays and Sundays) and shall include the following:
- University's Nomination Form
- Outline of the candidate's program of study
- Nomination must be signed by the executive officer (department head or chairman) of his/her designee of the program in which the candidate is enrolled
- Official student transcript
- Three individual letters of recommendation by three faculty members
- A written essay by the undergraduate student describing how the candidate envisions the role of NDE/NDT in his/her career
The University Programs Committee will evaluate each submission and provide its recommendation to the ASNT Board of Directors in the spring. Announcements of the award winners will be made soon after. Funds will be available in July.
An original and nine copies of the completed nomination package should be forwarded to:
The American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Inc.
Stephanie Dille, Administrative Assistant
1711 Arlingate Lane, P.O. Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228-0518
If you have any questions pertaining to this award, please contact Stephanie Dille by phone or email.