AWS Howard E. Adkins Memorial Scholarship
The Howard E. Adkins Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a full-time junior or senior level student pursuing a minimum four-year bachelor's degree in welding engineering (WE) or welding engineering technology (WET); however, priority will be given to welding engineering (WE) students.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a minimum of eighteen years of age.
- Applicant must have a minimum high school diploma.
- Applicant must have completed enough academic credits to qualify for junior level status.
- Applicant must have a minimum 3.20 grade point average in the engineering, scientific and technical subjects and 2.80 grade point average overall.
- No financial need is required to qualify.
- Applicant must submit all required application information.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and plan to attend an academic institution located within the United States.
Priority will be given to those individuals residing or attending school in the states of Wisconsin or Kentucky. (A resident is defined as having lived in the specific area for a minimum of one year.)
Applicants may reapply; however, persons who have received this award may reapply and may be granted the award for a maximum of two years.
The award will be presented to individuals nationwide. Applicant does not have to be a member of the American Welding Society.