The Desk and Derrick Educational Trust Scholarships
The Desk and Derrick Educational Trust was created by the Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs in 1982 for the purpose of awarding annual scholarships to students attending accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in geology, chemical and petroleum engineering.
To be eligible for a scholarship from the Desk and Derrick Educational Trust applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete at least two years or are currently enrolled in the second year of undergraduate study at an accredited college or university
- Maintain a grade point average of 3.2 or above on a 4.0 grading system
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance in pursuing a college degree
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Plan a career in the petroleum, energy or allied industry, or research and development of alternative fuels such as coal, electric, solar, wind hydroelectric, nuclear, and ethanol.