Wayne V. Black Scholarship
1. To be eligible for consideration, the Applicant must be a currently enrolled full time undergraduate student in good academic standing at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
2. The Applicant must be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following curricula:
• Engineering/ Engineering Technology
• Computer Science/MIS
• Political Science
• Telecommunications/Information Technology
3. The Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident or Canadian citizen.
4. Family members of active members of the ENTELEC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
All applications will be evaluated by the Scholarship Committee based upon the Applicant’s biography, essay, GPA and references, as weighted in the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
The amount of the scholarship award as established by the Board of ENTELEC will be $5,000.
Decisions by the Scholarship Committee will be final.
1. Download the "Wayne V. Black Memorial Scholarship" Application from the ENTELEC website. You can submit the application via email or by hard copy mailed to our office by the deadline of 4:00pm CST on January 21st.
2. Complete the Application and prepare the following documents:
a. All submitted documents must be typewritten:
b. Biography 1 page. (12-point font, double spaced).
c. Essay on the topic assigned by the Scholarship Committee (this is listed on the actual application document). The essay (including citations, references, bibliography, etc.) shall not be more than 5-pages (12-point font, double spaced).
d. A copy of the official transcript of record MAY be required for finalists upon request by ENTELEC.
3. Documents may be submitted to Tiffany Chase at the email address or postal address provided above.
4. All documents submitted shall become the property of ENTELEC.
1. Submittal packages must be received at the address above no later than 4:00 PM, Central Time, January 21st prior to the school year for which the scholarship is sought.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF 2013 WINNER
The winner will be notified by March 25 by either phone or email.
AWARD OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Scholarship will be announced during the Opening General Session of the Annual ENTELEC Conference & Exposition.