Intermarkets-Lucido Journalism Scholarship
The Intermarkets-Lucido Journalism Scholarship fund was created to recognize an outstanding graduating high school senior who will be majoring in journalism and who promotes and understands the importance of non-biased journalism in the United States media.
To be eligible for this award, applicant must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a legal resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Be a graduating senior from any public or private Virginia high school
- Be majoring/planning to major in journalism at an accredited, U.S. four-year college or university to which the candidate has been accepted
- Provide two published articles or graded essays that reflect the candidate’s writing style
- Submit an essay (approx. 200 words) that answers the question: "What are three character traits that a journalist should have and why?"
- Submit an essay that takes a current article from a major U.S. newspaper that the candidate views as biased reporting/journalism and describes in 500+ words why it is biased and how it should be changed.
- Have participated in extracurricular activities
- Display academic excellence
For more information about this award, please visit our website.