NPPF Still and Multimedia Scholarship
While other scholarships memorialize individuals and are supported by funds contributed by friends, relatives or employers, this award is made from many contributions and the gradual accumulation of money and interest gained in the NPPF general fund. It honors the profession in general and the members of NPPA in particular.
Student applying for this $2,000 scholarship must have completed one year at a recognized four-year college or university having courses in photojournalism and must be continuing in a program leading to a bachelor's degree, and must have at least one half year of undergraduate schooling remaining at time of award. These awards are aimed at those with journalism potential, but with little opportunity and great need.
- Be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S. or Canada or have been accepted at a four-year institution to complete suspended studies
- Provide evidence of an aptitude for photojournalism as well as academic ability and financial need
- Provide grade point average as an indication that applicant can successfully complete college studies
- Explain financial need
- Use the scholarship at the beginning of the next semester. Otherwise, it will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate candidate
- A letter of recommendation from your advisor is required; the letter should be emailed directly to the scholarship chairperson
For entry guidelines and the online application, please visit the National Press Photographers Foundation website.