The Herb Society of America, Inc - Research Grants
The Herb Society of America, Inc. (HSA) offers annual research grants to students, professionals, and individuals engaged in research on the horticultural, scientific, and/or social applications or use of herbs throughout history.
* The grant is for a one-year period of work.
* The maximum amount available is $5,000. The amount may be divided among projects, at the discretion of the Research Grants Committee.
* One-half of the grant is paid at the outset of research.
* Every four (4) months, grantees must submit a brief progress report on work completed. When sufficient progress is demonstrated, succeeding grant payments can be made.
* A final report must be sent to the Research Grants Committee chairperson. Upon receipt of that report, the final payment can be made. Reports of research not yet accepted for publication are considered confidential.
* One paper about the project or the results must be submitted for use in a Society publication.
* Any publications using information obtained from Society funding shall give proper credit for financial support by HSA. However, HSA reserves the right to reject or accept credit in any publication resulting from the grant.
* If significant departures are made from the originally approved grant application or if the grantee cancels the project, immediate written notification must be sent to the Research Grants Committee chairperson. Based on this information or in the absence of an adequate final report, The Society reserves the right to terminate the grant and request a return of any portion of the grant not used for the intended purpose.
For more information, please visit: