The Achievement Award Program
The Achievement Award is a scholarship program for students with extreme financial need who have demonstrated high potential by achieving academic success while overcoming difficult circumstances. Scholarship applicants must demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to helping pre-collegiate students in college preparation programs. TAAP provides financial support and one-on-one advising to all of its recipients. The Achievement Award Program is for up to $6,000 per year and a laptop.
If you have applied to UC Berkeley for fall admission you may be eligible to apply for the Achievement Award.
- Be entering Cal as a freshman or junior transfer this coming fall
- Be a resident of California
- Have significant financial need
- Have participated in an outreach/college preparation program(s)
- Gross family income of $86,000 or less
- Minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Personal and academic growth despite significant financial and life challenges and educational adversity
- Ability to enrich the Cal campus with your unique perspective, background, culture and/or skills/talents
- Enthusiasm for giving back to the community, particularly in helping the next generation of students become prepared for college