Georgia Governor's Scholarship
To recognize Georgia's high school Valedictorians and STAR Students and encourage them to attend a public or private college or university in Georgia by providing scholarship funds.
- Be selected as the Valedictorian or STAR Student from an eligible Georgia high school;
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a Georgia public college or university within nine months following high school graduation;
- Cannot receive non-repayable aid which totals more than the college's cost of attendance;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia 12 months prior to receiving aid;
- Be a U.S. citizen or national of the U.S. or have evidence from INS of eligible permanent resident alien status;
- Be in compliance with Selective Service registration requirements;
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990;
- Not be in default or owe a refund on a student financial aid program;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress, a minimum 3.0 GPA is required;
- Must be enrolled in a degree seeking program.
For more information or to apply online, visit http://gacollege411.org/FinAid/ScholarshipsAndGrants/governors_scholarship.asp