Edison Park Community Council Scholarship
The Edison Park Community Council is proud to present its annual scholarship award. The scholarship is $3,000 to be awarded to an Edison Park resident who will be attending college or trade school. Eligibility requirements and instructions for application are described below.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or younger, a high school graduate, a senior in high school or a freshman in college during the current school year
- Applicant must be an Edison Park resident at the time of application (north of Kennedy Expressway and west of Harlem Avenue to city limits)
- Applicant may not be the child of a current director or officer of the Edison Park Community Council or Edison Park Chamber of Commerce
- Applicant must submit a completed application packet to the Edison Park Community Council on or before February 6th
Applicants will be judged on a 500-word essay, on a topic that will be provided by a panel of judges comprised of officers and directors of the Edison Park Community Council. Decision of the winner will be announced on March 13th.
Application Instructions: A completed application packet must be submitted to the Edison Park Community Council on or before February 6th. The application should include the following:
- A completed application form
- A copy of applicant’s drivers’ license or other identification as verification of the applicant’s residency
- A personal reference (see form) from one Edison Park resident (not a family member)
- A copy of the letter from the college, university or trade school indicating the applicant’s acceptance into a program of study in the fall (if not available at application, a copy must be provided prior to disbursement of funds)
- 500-word essay
Please visit our website in order to download the application.