Andrew J. Zabierek Memorial Scholarship
The Andrew J. Zabierek Memorial Scholarship is given annually to two New England residents who have received honorable discharges from any Armed Service, and are pursuing an undergraduate degree or technical certificate. The $1,500 scholarship is given to individuals who have demonstrated selfless service and is based on criteria listed on the Andrew J. Zabierek Foundation website. The window for applications is from March 1st through June 1st.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of the application form
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals (not related to you) who are in a position to evaluate your character, commitment, and capacity to succeed in your future endeavors (i.e. former Commander, Priest/Minister/Rabbi, Work Supervisor, Academic Instructor, etc.)
- A copy of your DD 214 showing your honorable discharge from service
- Proof of payment to your selected college or technical school
- A personal reflection essay of about 500 words (1-2 pages) describing how your service has impacted you personally and how you will continue to serve your community or country in the future; you should also describe your educational and professional goals for when you complete your education
For more information and to download the application form, please visit our website.