Women of the South Primary Provider Scholarship
Purpose: Women of the South offer scholarships to provide higher educational opportunities to women.
• Must be a primary provider
• Possess high school diploma or equivalent
• Reside in south Oklahoma City metropolitan area.
• Family income level must fall within the following formula:
Household Size Annual Income
1 occupant $14,597
2 occupants $19,629
3 occupants $24,661
4 occupants $29,693
5 occupants $34,725
6 occupants $39,757
7 occupants $44,789
8 occupants $49,821
Recipients of this scholarship will receive funding from Women of the South to achieve an Associate Degree through Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC).
Scholarship dollars will be paid directly to the school upon proof of registration. The Selection Committee will review an official copy of the student’s transcript at the end of each semester. Upon approval by the committee, scholarship funds will be paid at the beginning of each semester directly to the school.
The scholarship will continue to be funded if the following criteria are met:
1. Student will receive scholarship funds for no more than ten (10) hours of remedial course work. Any remedial hours beyond ten(10) must be funded by the student.
2. Student must maintain a 2.5 grade point average each semester.
3. Student must supply an official transcript ten (10) days prior to the tuition due date. A letter addressing progress made in college work, program for the future and the meaning of a college education is also required after each semester.
4. Student must be enrolled in at least six (6) hours in the fall and spring semesters. Summer hours are optional with funding provided.
5. If student drops out the scholarship is canceled.
6. If course work is not completed within three (3) years, student must reapply for funding.
7. The use of alcohol and\or drugs by the student during the time of receiving scholarship funds may result in the cancellation of the scholarship. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis and at the discretion of Women of the South.
8. The conviction of any criminal act; the finding of delinquency by a court of competent jurisdiction; or any act of moral turpitude, may result in termination of the scholarship.
9. Student agrees to furnish Women of the South with requested information they deem necessary, at the time during the receipt of the scholarship.
10. Women of the South retains the right to terminate the scholarship at any time without cause.
The above requirements must be met or a letter of explanation from the student may be considered for the further funding by the Selection Committee.
To download application, please visit: http://www.womenofthesouth.org/education.shtml
Mail application to:
Women of the South
c/o Amy Simpson
100 N.E. 10th street
Oklahoma City, OK 73170