Rey Feo Scholarship, Inc.
The Rey Feo Scholarship Program is intended to assist and encourage students in completing
and advancing their college education. The program is directed specifically to San Antonio and
surrounding area students with career advancement in mind. The Rey Feo Scholarship Program is sponsored and administered by Rey Feo Scholarship, Inc. a non-profit corporation of LULC Council No. 2, an Original Charter Council and affiliate member of the League of United Latin American Citizens.
The Rey Feo Scholarship Program will award $1,500 scholarships to qualified San Antonio area students who are enrolled or are planning to enroll leading to a four year or greater
degree at a college or university approved by Rey Feo scholarship. The $1,500 awards will be
divided into two equal disbursements made by September 15th and January 31st. Scholarships awards are sent directly to the recipient’s college or university and deposited in the recipient’s name. The Funds will be allocated toward the payments of tuition and academic fees, and the purchases of required educational materials and books. The school is custodian of the funds and will disburse the awarded consistent with the purpose and policies of this program.
Awarded funds determined as over-funded will be deferred for summer tuition or return to program’s funds for other students.
Applications from San Antonio, Texas community area:
- High school senior pending graduate - no more than 12 months previous student to apply
- Student must purse F/T studies leading to a degree at a college/university approved by the RFS,Inc. selection committee
- Must have a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 for entering freshman & maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA to receive their second semester funds
- Entering freshman must have scored at least 23 on the ACT or at least 970 on the SAT for an Honor Award
- Must major in courses leading to a four-year degree
- Must show financial need and not have another LULAC Scholarship & not be overfunding for books & tution
- Qualified students will compete with other Scholars for up to 4 years of funding for books & tution only