Texas Educational Opportunity Grant Program
Texas Grant II Program (TGII) provides grant aid to financially needy students enrolled in Texas public two-year colleges.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must:
- Be Texas residents
- Show financial need
- If applying for a first-time award, have a family contribution of no more than $2,000
- Register for the Selective Service or are exempt from this requirement
- Are enrolled at least 1/2 time (6 semester credit hours) in an associate's degree or certificate program at a two-year college in Texas
- Have not been granted an associate's or a baccalaureate degree
- Have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving a controlled substance
Students who continue in college and who meet program academic standards can receive awards for up to 75 semester credit hours, for four years, or until they receive an associate's degree, whichever comes first. The academic requirements for continuing in the program are: At the end of the first year, the student must meet the school's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. At the end of the second year, the student must complete at lease 75 percent of the hours attempted in the prior academic year and have an overall college grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
For more information, please visit our website.