Carol A. Hurley Memorial Scholarship
Carol Hurley touched many lives. A counselor by profession, she was also a counselor by avocation. She had a sparkling smile and compassionate nature that provided comfort to her family and friends, as well as the most casual of acquaintances. Carol died in May 2004 at the age of 55. This scholarship was established by her friends, family, and colleagues. For 14 years, Carol served as a VSAC Outreach counselor, working in high schools to assist first-generation, college-bound students with the difficult task of preparing for college. This scholarship embodies Carol’s own beliefs and actions.
- Attend an accredited school approved for federal Title IV funding (Pell grants, Stafford loans, PLUS loans)
- Graduate of one of the following high schools: Randolph Area Vocational Center, Randolph Union High School, Rochester School, Whitcomb High School, Windsor High School, or Woodstock Union High School (preference given to applicants who are among the first generation in their families to attend post-secondary school)
- Demonstrate academic achievement (minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate school/community involvement
For more information, please visit our website.