Washington State Need Grant
The State Need Grant program helps the state’s lowest-income undergraduate students pursue degrees, hone skills, or retrain for new careers. Students can use the grants at public two-year and four-year colleges and universities and many accredited independent colleges, universities, and career schools in Washington.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
* Have a family income of equal to or less than 65 percent of the state median (see chart below);
* Be a Washington State resident;
* Enroll as an undergraduate student at least half-time in an eligible program; and
* Be pursuing a certificate, bachelor’s degree, or first associate degree; and
* Not be pursuing a degree in theology.
How to Apply
You will be considered automatically for a State Need Grant when you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Contact your school financial aid office for more information.
For more information, please visit: