EWNJ Graduate Merit Award Program
One of EWNJ's priorities is to provide encouragement and a strong foundation of leadership development for the next generation of female executives. To advance this goal, EWNJ established the Graduate Merit Award Program in 1986, a scholarship program to benefit women who reside in New Jersey and are pursuing graduate level degrees at New Jersey colleges and universities. Since that time, EWNJ has provided over 300 deserving women with more than $940,000 in scholarships, an accomplishment no other women's organization in New Jersey can match
To qualify, each nominee must be a female matriculating graduate student at an accredited New Jersey college or university who:
- is a non-traditional student (returns to her studies several years after her undergraduate degree, or who may have completed an undergraduate degree at a later age);
- has a demonstrated financial need and excellent academic performance;
- has completed at least twelve (12) credits at the time of nomination;
- is carrying a minimum of six (6) credits per term, which are in fulfillment of the requirements of the intended degree, at the time of the scholarship award;
- has been recommended by the Dean/Director of her graduate program;
- is a permanent New Jersey resident (proof of residence must be confirmed by her dean) attending school in New Jersey
Scholarship awards may be used for tuition, fees, books, and personal expenses, and are given directly to the student.
Applicants who work for companies that offer tuition reimbursement are eligible to apply. EWNJ members are NOT eligible to apply.
For more information and to download the application form, please visit our website.