Berrien Fragos Thorn Arts Scholarships for Migrant Farmworkers
Funded by a bequest from Berrien Fragos Thorn, creative arts scholarships have been initiated in order to foster and encourage the creative talents of individuals with a history of migration to obtain work in agriculture. Eligible applicants must demonstrate an interest in pursuing further development of their talents in one of the following disciplines:
- Visual—painting, sculpture, photography, etc.
- Performing—dance, theatre, music, etc.
- Media/film, video, animation, computer graphics, etc.
- Literary—poetry, short stories, etc.
- Crafts—traditional folk arts, furniture, weaving, pottery, etc.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Applicant need not be enrolled in school
- Because there is no essay required, the letter of recommendation is very important and should address the quality of both the applicant and the intended project
- A history of movement to obtain work in agriculture is required
For more information and to download the application form, please visit our website. Application deadlines are June 1st and November 1st. Submit applications to:
Arts Scholarship Committee
Geneseo Migrant Center, Inc.
P.O. Box 549
Geneseo, NY 14454