The Lydia Fund is a scholarship program for women who have experienced God's call to become ordained pastors in the PC(USA) and who have a vision of spiritual renewal within the denomination.
Administered by the Network of Presbyterian Women in Leadership (NPWL), under the umbrella of Presbyterians For Renewal, the Lydia Fund seeks to equip evangelical women for leadership in the PC(USA).
Scholarship recipients are selected nationally each year and may be given the opportunity to attend a General Assembly as part of the Presbyterians For Renewal (PRF) Team.
To be eligible for this award, applicant must be a female college graduate who also has:
- a calling to serve in the PC(USA) ordained pastoral ministry
- a commitment to complete a Master of Divinity degree at an accredited seminary
- a personal, vibrant commitment to Jesus Christ
- a desire to work for renewal in the PC(USA), including co-operation with NPWL and PFR
- be involved in the Candidate Process of the PC(USA) - OR - have specific plans to be so enrolled shortly