The Yum! Andy Pearson Scholarship Program
March 23, 2009
by Scholarships.com Staff
Your part-time job can earn you more than a paycheck. Students who are currently employed by KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, A&W, Long John Silver's, or other Yum! restaurant brands, or who are dependents of Yum! employees can earn a scholarship award of up to $2,500 through this week's Scholarship of the Week.
The Yum! Andy Pearson Scholarship, named in honor of the company's founding chairman, is a scholarship designed to assist Yum! employees or their family members who are seeking a college education. Current high school, college, or graduate students with strong academic records, leadership experience, community involvement, work experience, or financial need may qualify for this scholarship.
- $2,500 to undergraduate students at four-year colleges or universities, as well as graduate students
- $1,000 to students attending community colleges or vocational or technical schools
- $1,500 bonus award to up to 10 students pursuing a degree in food service or hospitality
- $2,500 to 40 Yum! Scholars of Excellence, past recipients who have maintained at least a 3.5 GPA
- All active U.S.-based associates with a minimum of 6 months of continuous employment with Yum! or its subsidiaries and an average of at least 15 hours worked per week over this 6 month period.
- High school seniors, HS graduates, students who have earned their GED or students currently enrolled in full-time study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, vocational-technical school or graduate school who have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Legal dependents of eligible Yum! associates, including spouses and unmarried children under the age of 19 (or under the age of 25 if the child is a full-time student).
- Associates must remain employed by Yum! as of the date that the scholarship is paid.
Deadline: May 15, 2009
Required Material: Completed online application, including statement of educational goals and objectives, a summary of the applicant's work experience, current academic transcripts, the eligible Yum! associate's employment information, and the applicant's family's most recent tax information.
Further details about the application process can be found by conducting a free college scholarship search on Scholarships.com. Once the search is completed, students eligible for this scholarship award will find it in their search results.