Coca-Cola Two-Year Scholarship
April 28, 2008
by Paulina Mis
Last year, we wrote an article about the Coca-Cola Scholars Program, a scholarship opportunity created to help college students afford an education. Unfortunately, the four-year scholarship program we concentrated on did not take into consideration the numerous deserving students who planned to attend a two-year program. With college costs rising at rates that outpace inflation, the number of students who choose to take the community college route is growing quickly.
Because many scholarship providers limit their awards to students who enter four-year programs, students who wish to enter two-year schools often feel their options limited. Luckily, Coca-Cola did not forget about these students. Since 2000, the Coca-Cola Two-Year College Scholarship Program has been helping students afford a community college education. Those interested in applying for this award should contact a financial aid representative at their college of choice for details specific to their school.
1. 350 scholarships of $1,000 each
1. Applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident
2. Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
3. Applicant must be involved in the community as a volunteer or worker
4. Applicant must plan to enroll in at least two courses at a two-year college in the upcoming fall semester
5. Applicant must be pursuing an associates degree
6. Applicant may not be a child or grandchild of a Coca-Cola employee, officer or owner of a Coca-Cola bottling company, division or subsidiary.
May 31, 2008
1. An application asking for biographical, community service and employment information
Further details about the application process and about contacting the scholarship provider can be found by conducting a free college scholarship search. Once the search is completed, students eligible for the award will find it in their scholarship list.