Duck Brand Duck Tape Stuck at Prom Scholarship Contest
April 21, 2008
by Scholarships.com Staff
Each year, the Henkel Corporation awards college scholarships to individuals who are literally stuck at prom. This contest encourages student creativity and expression by rewarding individuals for creating the most tapeworthy prom attire---attire made completely out of duck tape. Submitted photographs from eligible couples will be posted online and voted on by site visitors. Criteria will include workmanship, originality, use of colors, accessories and the quantity of duct tape used.
1. One $3,000 scholarship for each individual in the couple
2. One $2,000 scholarship for each individual in the couple
3. One $1,000 scholarship for each individual in the couple
1. Applicant must be attending a high school prom in the spring of 2008.
2. Applicant must be 14 years of age or older at the time of entry.
3. Applicant must be a legal resident of the US or Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec and Puerto Rico).
4. Applicant may not be an employee of the sponsor or their family member, nor may they live in the same household as an employee.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
1. Photograph of the couple wearing a prom outfit made completely out of duct tape
2. The individuals’ first names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, ages, grade levels and the name of the closest major city to their home towns
3. A liability, publicity release and consent form signed by each individual; if the applicant is a minor, parental permission is required
4. The high school name, address and telephone number, as well as the date the prom was held.
Further details about the application process and about contacting the scholarship provider can be found by conducting a free college scholarship search. Once the search is completed, students eligible for the award will find it in their scholarship list.